RIGHT TO DREAM, GHANA
Right to Dream, Ghana is looking to hire an Accounts Officer at its academy in Old Akrade, Eastern Region Ghana
The objective of this role is to support the Senior Accountant and the Finance Manager within Right to Dream Ghana, assisting with daily transaction processing and month end procedures. The roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Record and maintain accurate and timely financial information in accounting records.
Assist in the preparation of payments, deposits, petty cash, and voucher preparation.
Assist with managing departmental advances, ensure advances are appropriately accounted for and the accounting records updated on a timely time, send reminders on overdue balances, escalate any issues in this area to the Line Manager on a timely basis.
Assist with monthly bank reconciliation statements and weekly cash reconciliations.
Monitor the company’ asset register, ensuring depreciation expenses are updated. in accounting system and reconciling asset register to PPE Schedule on a monthly basis
Reconcile manual schedules to the accounting system on a monthly basis.
Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of month-end management accounts.
Prepare draft project reports on a timely basis in compliance with donor agreements.
Assist in the preparation of quarterly reports to the Board of Directors
Assist with the annual audit process.
Administrative tasks such as invoicing intercompany expenses, external invoicing, maintaining finance office supplies.
Handling accounts payable and receivables.
Any other reasonable duties as set by Line Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• University degree preferably in accounting or finance
• Partly qualified accountant (at least level 2 of ICAG, ACCA, CIT, or CIMA exams)
•A minimum of three (3) years working experience in Finance, accounting, or Tax
• A good understanding of statutory and basic tax laws in Ghana is key.
• A strong work ethic and excellent time management skills
• A good team player, that will enjoy working in an elite youth academy setting.
• Good communication skills and interpersonal skills as well as respect for compliance with statutory requirements
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Business Central) software is an advantage.
• Experience with Tax Laws of Ghana relevant to RtD Ghana’s operations
If you have any questions regarding the position, please reach out to our People Partner firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 03/09/2023