Lower School Maths Teacher, Ghana
We are a full scholarship residential Academy in the Eastern Region, delivering life-changing opportunities to students through education, elite football and character education, helping them fulfil their potential and become purpose-driven leaders. The RTD Ghana Education runs a flexible core primary/secondary Cambridge program with other non-traditional subjects for students from grades 5-11.
We are now looking for a qualified and experienced Lower School Teacher and UCMAS facilitator who:
• Is an excellent, skilled practitioner and can deliver learning of the highest quality
• Is positive, enthusiastic and loves to make learning happen
• Embraces CPD and shares our values and ambitious vision for the future
• Cares deeply about the students’ achievements and development
• Builds positive relationships with the students and knows how to nurture them.
Set high academic standards for students to develop numerical and problem-based solving skills.
Carry out teaching duties in accordance with the Academy's schemes of work and curriculum documents.
Prepare advance lesson plans that teach core objectives and principles that are relevant to students’ progression.
Develop and maintain teaching and learning resources at the Lower School.
Develop innovative learning engagements with practical hand-on activities and new educational technologies and resources for foundational years.
Attend weekly staff meetings to address unique situations or problems affecting individual students’ progression.
Monitor and report performance data of students to determine where changes need to be made with regards to curriculum and instructional strategies and if needed, prepare ILPs.
Develop a collaborative relationship with teachers at the lower school for collegial support and delivery of termly objectives.
To implement UCMAS program/its equivalent in the foundation years to address any gaps in learning and understanding of Maths.
Perform any other duties as required by the Head of School.
What we offer
• Polite, respectful students who are eager to learn.
• Colleagues who are warm, supportive and have a great sense of humour.
• A commitment to staff CPD.
• A leadership team committed to staff well-being.
• A great location from which to bring the curriculum to life.
Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics (Foundational Year)
Licensed UCMAS facilitator
Fluency in spoken French will be an added advantage
Previous teaching experience of 5 years and above
Salary and Other benefits
Salary and other benefits are to be discussed with the potential candidate during the interview.
Start date: September 2022
To apply, please send your current CV and a motivation letter outlining what you can offer the school (this should include extra-curricular activities) to the Head of School: email@example.com by Thursday 8th July 2022.